So I need to send a huge, GINORMOUS, air hug thank you to my friend Lilian at Searching for Sugar Plums for nominating me for a Liebster Award! A Liebster you say in a confused voice?! What the heck is that? To quote Lilian…
“The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.”
Isn’t that just the nicest thing ever? Today’s post is all about the Liebster as I am still recovering from traveling this past weekend. And what a great award to write about!
A Liebster is a blogging award given by bloggers to other bloggers. There are a few qualifications:
- The award is given by bloggers to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
- Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set you.
- Choose eleven new bloggers to pass the award to, and link them in your post.
- Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
There is no time limit (thank goodness, because the blogging world is so much fun to explore and has SO many talented people to get to know!) These are the questions that I was asked to answer! :
1) What’s your favourite quote?
“Let’s all be good to each other” … It appears as a sub title on my page and I try to adopt it in every day life 🙂
2) What activity gives you the most meaning and satisfaction?
Honestly… baking. Creating something new, or perfecting something old and then having other people tell me how much they enjoy what I’ve created in my kitchen… that is true satisfaction. Baking is something I can completely control in my life and the fact that other people enjoy it so much makes it that much better for me.
3) What’s your favourite thing to bake (or have baked for you)?
My specialty is definitely banana bread. I think I’ve perfected that one over the years, my college roommates can attest to that! 😉
4) What motivates you to get up in the morning?
I’m just a morning person by nature. I naturally like getting things done in the morning and I prefer to work out, do errands, meet up with friends when the sun is shining! It is definitely easy in the spring and summer when it is light out much earlier- I loveeee the sun!
5) Who do you admire the most and why?
This is a really hard one.. I admire a lot of people. I admire both of my parents… my Mom for working extremely hard to get where she is today and my dad for always giving the right advice when I need it. They’re my go to people when I’m in a bind… sounds corny doesn’t it? And as a teenager I can definitely say this wouldn’t have been my answer… but growing up certainly puts a lot more things into perspective.
6) If you had a garden and could only grow three things, what would they be?
Zucchini, tomatoes and herbs (can I throw all herbs into one?) My parents have a huge garden and every summer without fail we get way too many zucchini and tomatoes. It makes for some pretty creative cooking and baking between my dad and I (he’s an amazing cook). Now that I live in a different time zone I’m sorely going to miss the access that garden provided to my veggie fix! And of course you just can’t beat fresh picked herbs in the kitchen!
7) Is there anything that makes you smile just thinking about it?
My family. They are dorks and I love them to pieces. We are hilarious together (or at least we think so) and we can tell stories for days and days about our shenanigans. My dad is 1 of 12 kids, so I’m lucky to have such a huge family. My cousins mean the world to me and my brothers and I have gotten a lot closer as we’ve grown up.
8) What is your idea of the perfect meal?
A perfect meal is one that is cooked by my dad. I can’t lie, I’m a daddy’s girl. Not in the type where I was spoiled– I had to work, and work hard for everything I ever got (thank you parents for instilling a hard work ethic in me!)– but I am so spoiled by the fact that my dad cooks and can cook well. When I am at home and eating what my dad makes I’m equally satisified because it’s so darn delicious AND it’s a balanced meal. Pretty impressive wouldn’t you say?
9) What did you like to imagine as a kid?
I made up games with my friend Emily all the time as a kid, whether it was with Barbies, or her brother filming us in a movie he wrote or just making up silly competitions in the pool. I also am a huge book nerd, so I escaped into books almost as often as I was playing outside. Books are magical and they always remind me of growing up and being whisked away into another world.
10) What do you daydream about now?
I still daydream when I read, I am the type that gets so engrossed it’s hard to pull me away when I’m really into a good read. These days I daydream about writing a cookbook. I think it might fully complete exactly how much I love baking for others. I love spreading happiness, especially in the form of food 🙂
11) Is there a food or drink that always makes you feel better? What is your idea of comfort food?
Bread is my comfort food. It can be any type- cinnamon swirl raisin bread, whole wheat bread, buttered bread, bread with olive oil (my fav)… it doesn’t matter. Bread is my comfort food!
These are the bloggers I hope you will go and check out, they are truly amazing and inspiring!!
Bake this Day our Daily Bread , The Life of a Eating Monster , Sweets and Scribbles, Glut-ilcious, the svenska gourmet, krumkaker, Kingdom of Appetency, Little Slices of Heaven, Mooch, Eats and Fast Feets, The Wily Hound
Now bloggers, these are my questions for you…
1) What’s the craziest combination of food you have ever attempted to blend together?
2) What is your favorite book?
3) If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be?
4) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you chose?
5) What’s one life lesson you’ve learned/experience that you think is worth passing along?
6) What’s something you hope to accomplish this year?
7) Favorite nail polish color?
8) If you could pick one food to not have any calories and therefor you could eat it endlessly… what would it be?
9) When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
10) Who would play you in a movie about your life?
11) Would you pick a truth or a dare?
For the 11 fun facts about me I’m going to kinda cheat here… but only because I have a page for this already! 🙂
Fun Facts about me! I will add one more though, because that list only goes up to 10…
11. My favorite color is purple!
Now that I’m back from visiting home I promise to get back to baking.. in the meantime go check out these seriously cool blogs and spread the word! 🙂