So I can’t lie to you all… sometimes my recipes happen because I need to get rid of something in my fridge before it goes bad! Anyone else do this too? These strawberries were just so huge and ripe and juicy, that I knew I wouldn’t be able to eat them all before I leave Friday morning so I had to do something with them…
And I love making bread. Banana bread is my favorite, but a few other fruits have made an appearance in the past as well. Remember my Blueberry Banana Bread or my Strawberry Banana Bread ? In fact just go over and click on the bread link to the right, I’ve got a lot to do with chocolate as well 🙂
And I swear…. this recipe has NO bananas. Because I understand that while I may be obsessive about bananas, you might not be. Or you might have tried a few of my banana recipes and now feel as if you have over dosed on banana MANIA! I understand. Please enjoy the sweet deliciousness that only a strawberry paired with chocolate can deliver.
This bread can be whipped up in under 10 minutes and then takes an hour to bake, but it’s so worth the hour wait! And come on, 10 minutes? Easy peasy lemon squeezey.
- 3/4 cup plain applesauce
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced very small
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat your bread pan with a non stick spray.
2. Combine all your wet ingredients in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients until completely incorporated.
3. Chop your strawberries into very small pieces and then mix them in to the batter. Add the chocolate chips last. Place cut strawberries on the top for flair 😉
4. Bake for 60 minutes until lightly golden! Check at 45 minutes just in case your oven is temperamental. Take out when golden, let cool and enjoy!
ps, This will be my last post until next week.. I’m flying home to Philadelphia to see my little brother graduate from high school! Crazy! I’ll be back soon 🙂