National Chocolate Chip day was a huge success if I do say so myself! I made these bad boys as well as the Butterscotch Cookies. Oh yea, AND I made my favorite baking blogger Sally’s XXL Death by Chocolate Cookie tonight, because yes.. I had that bad of a day that I needed a death by chocolate cookie the size of my head. I have to say… thank you Sally. It truly helped! (Also my roommate just told me that I am going to either turn into a cookie or a sprinkle one of these days… I take that as a compliment!)
Anywhoooo.. these cookies are doubly chocolate-y and double-y delicious. Literally, my hands were covered in chocolate after eating just one of them. Faaaantastic right? Right. Gooey, warm and the best part? They’re practically bite size! So who cares if you eat 5 at once, they’re tiny! I love making my cookies on the smaller size, gives me the chance to make them nice and thick 🙂
This recipe is very similar to my Butterscotch Cookies recipe as well! Super easy and quick!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet chips)
- 1/2 bar dark chocolate, chopped into smaller pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a large bowl mix the butter, vanilla and sugars until well blended. Mix in the eggs. Add the flour and baking soda and mix well. Add in the semi-sweet chips and then the dark chocolate pieces, mix until evenly spread throughout.
3. Roll into balls and place evenly on a cookie sheet. **Note: I found that my cookies came out much thicker when I rolled them to be taller than they were wide on the tray** Bake for 9 minutes and remove from tray to let cool. Enjoy!