It’s National Chocolate Chip Day! I know, I know, butterscotch is not chocolate. But these were made in tandem with my double chocolate chip cookies, which I will be posting soon! I brought both batches of cookies into work, set them out at 8:30 am with notes to enjoy and by 9:30 two entire, HUGE plates were GONE.
I did have a few complaints however….. that I didn’t make enough!
These cookies are super easy to make and the extra ingredient I added was a big tablespoon full of cinnamon. Yum 🙂 Cinnamon and baking really is a match made in heaven.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag of butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a large bowl mix the butter, vanilla and sugars until well blended. Mix in the eggs. Add the cinnamon, flour and baking soda and mix well. Add in the butterscotch chips last.
3. Roll into balls and place evenly on a cookie sheet. **Note: I found that my cookies came out much thicker when I rolled them to be taller than they were wide on the tray** Bake for 9 minutes and remove from tray to let cool. Enjoy!