So I am traveling for work and get to be out of the office for an entire two weeks! Which is super fun, because I’m in Missouri- St. Louis this week and I’ve never been here. I love the feeling of being out on my own and traveling… this is my element.
However there is one major downside— this is the extent of the “kitchen” I have here! 😦
I am going through baking withdrawal….it’s quite terrible. Especially because I’m really excited about a few new recipes I’ve come up with… they’ll be up in May (it seems so far away…I’m quite sad about it)
But I did make these yummy treats when I was home visiting in Philly! Well, I made a lot more than just these (Nutella Banana Bread, chocolate chip cookies, my mom made my chocolate chip birthday cake- lots and lots of food). It’s all to keep my brothers happy while I’m away in Chicago. It’s nice to know they kinda miss me sometimes- if only for the food. I even froze an entire bag of cookie dough with instructions so they can pretend I’m there whenever they get hungry haha!
But anyways, back to the lemony goodness. Lemon is fantastic- I really need to bake with it more. It’s just such a light treat that really hits the spot.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tsp of lemon juice
For the frosting:
- 1/2 stick butter (melted)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- tbsp milk
- sprinkle of salt (to taste)
1. Mix together ingredients for the batter until combined and smooth. *Remember start with butter and sugars and add in the dry ingredients alternating with milk!
2. Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 muffin tins with liners and set aside. Pour batter evenly throughout until cupcakes are between 3/4 full-full. Bake for about 20 minutes (mine took 22 minutes)
3. Set aside the cupcakes and let cool. For the frosting: Slowly add butter to powdered sugar and stir well– I wanted a thick frosting so you have to be careful about not adding too much liquid too fast! Refrigerate for 30 minutes at least and then top on cupcakes! I added some rainbow sprinkles because- why not?! Enjoy!