Yea, you heard me.
Thin. Mint. Truffles.
Girl Scout Cookies are… fantabulous. You know it’s true- no one can turn down a thin mint nor should you ever turn down a thin mint. My co-workers daughter (thank god) is a girl scout so on my third day of work I ordered two whole boxes of thin mints. Now, those conniving girl scout people are definitely up to something, I swear they used to put more in the box…sad day. But seeing as I went through the first box in an extremely short amount of time I needed something to do with the second box. I was in the mood to make truffles so…voila!
Plus rainbow sprinkles are fun. Who doesn’t love rainbow sprinkles?
These are super, super easy to make although a tad messy.
- 8 oz (1 bar) cream cheese
- 2 sleeves (1 box) of Thin Mints
- 1 box melting chocolate ( I always use Baker’s, this time I used semi-sweet)
- rainbow sprinkles
1. Crush cookies together in a bag and pour into a large bowl. Melt cream cheese and mix together with cookies until blended. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. On the stove melt the chocolate until creamy. Shape the mixture into small balls, I always vary the sizes because who cares about conformity? (plus you can eat more when they’re tiny) Dip the balls in the chocolate until completely covered and place on wax paper to harden. Pour on those sprinkles! Put in the fridge for an hour and they’ll be ready!
3. Keep refrigerated if you don’t eat them all right away! Enjoy!