So you know when you have that craving for chocolate cake that just won’t go away? If you answered yes to this question then you and I would be good friends. If you answered no…well are you human?
But really. Chocolate cake is just one of those things that sometimes, you just crave. But alas, what do you do when you don’t want to make a full cake because it would be wasteful? (Or you don’t want to end up eating the entire thing yourself, no judgement)
Welcome to chocolate cake in a coffee mug! The solution to all of your problems 🙂 I made this a few years ago, but definitely have improved the recipe since then. Cake is just so good. And I whipped up a super quick peanut butter frosting because I was impatient, but feel free to experiment. Although, it turned out really delicious with the peanut butter frosting.
I advise using a large coffee mug as well, because well…more cake! And this recipe is fantastic for you poor college kids out there, or like me, just poor int he real world. It’s microwaveable! Super fast, delicious, chocolate cake…. that’s the dream.
Well, the dream for last Thursday night when I was really craving this.
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk ( I used skim)
- handful of chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk (add as needed)
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
1. Mix together all the dry ingredients in your coffee mug. Add in the egg and milk until it is mixed well. Stir in chocolate chips
2. Microwave on high for one minute and 30 seconds. Add an additional 30 seconds if still gooey.
3. Frosting: melt the peanut butter so it’s easier to stir and add in the powdered sugar. Add milk as needed for thickness. Pour on top of the cake and Enjoy!