Well I have been dying to bake something with fruit, but seeing as it is winter and fruit is either scarce or expensive I was out of luck for a while. I’m sorry but I refuse to pay for a tiny container of raspberries if they cost more than $2.99. But luckily, the grocery store had strawberries that were on sale as well as bananas..so here we are.
Strawberry Banana Bread. Yum.
This bread is so great for breakfast, it’s light and the strawberries are just a great burst of juiciness (that sounded weird, but I know you know what I mean). This is also a pretty healthy recipe, there is absolutely no butter involved and there is only a some brown sugar! So you don’t have to feel guilty eating it…which is great because I can’t seem to stop eating it. Oops
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced very small
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease your bread pan.
2. Combine sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add greek yogurt and mix well. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well. At this point it will be a bit dry, but adding the mashed bananas will help. Fold in the strawberries.
3. Pour batter into bread pan and spread evenly. I cut up strawberries and placed them on top. 🙂
4. Bake for 60 minutes. I checked mine at 45, and if you like bread a bit gooey you can take it out then, but the added 15 minutes were perfect for me. Let cool and slice. Enjoy!