So I might have gone on a bit of a baking rampage this weekend…..
What can I say? There’s not a lot to do when you’re on a budget and the weather is nasty out! The only problem is I really could use my brothers, the endless garbage disposals, to be here to eat everything so I don’t. Oh well, it’s winter right? What’s a few extra lb’s?
I also really love cinnamon. Which is really weird, seeing as I hate any candy that’s “cinnamon” flavored.. but in baked goods? Heaven on earth.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray the muffin tins with non stick spray.
2. Mix together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs. In a separate bowl mix together your dry ingredients and then add the the wet. Add the milk and mix well, it will be pretty thick batter. Add your chocolate chips!
3. Fill tins to the top and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425 for 5 minutes and then turn heat down to 375 and bake for 18 minutes (if using a 12 muffin tin. If you’re using a 6, add about 10 more minutes, if mini muffins check around 10-12). This trick is something I learned from another woman’s baking blog (thanks Sally!) and it helps the muffins rise quickly and get the sugar on top to look nice and sparkly like those muffins you see in the store. They’re even better with coarse sugar (which I did not have in the house). Take out and let cool. Enjoy!