So I’ve realized that the only time my mom actually gets mad at me these days is when there aren’t any baked goods in the house. Yes, moms of the world, at some point your teenage girls will hit their 20s and actually stop fighting with you (for the most part). I know, it’s a miracle but it does actually happen. So on Friday I made a double batch of cake batter chocolate chip cookies to appease her, but she demanded more. I blame the holiday season. Hence, these peanut butter cookies! These are super easy to make and are delicious 🙂
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars together until mixed. Add the peanut butter and egg.
2. In a separate bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Slowly add to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
3. Refrigerate for at least 30 min and up to 3 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375. Roll dough into small balls (about 1 in) and arrange on tray. Press down with a fork in a criss cross pattern to flatten. Bake for 9 minutes.
5. Remove and let cool. Enjoy!