So as much as I love chocolate chip cookies, I was getting a little bored. Then, I stumbled across the idea for these scrumdidlyumptious cookies. I am a huge fan of cake, as I think most people are, but unfortunately I would get yelled at if I made cake too often (mostly by my mom, who like me, feels the need to eat dessert as much as I do) so these babies are a great way to get in my cake fix in a more manageable way.
And they’re just so gosh darn cute with those rainbow sprinkles! I considered making them Christmas themed, but the bright rainbow colors won out.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
1. Mix together sugar and butter in a large bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cake mix and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients but be careful not to overmix!
3.Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles until evenly spread throughout.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so it can set. Preheat oven to 350.
5. Spoon dough onto cookie sheets and bake for 11-13 minutes, until slightly brown on the edges. (Remember to keep dough refrigerated in between cooking) Enjoy!