Yum Yum Yum, for a girl who almost exclusively eats chocolate, I do love these muffins. Lemon is a nice twist in baking, it makes everything taste almost…lighter. Do I seem crazy? Oh well.
For the Muffins:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/4 stick butter (10 tbsp)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream (I’ve used plain yogurt in the past but substituted sour cream because I was out of yogurt)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
For the Icing:
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin tins with liners and set aside
2. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients and set aside. Combine the wet ingredients and slowly add the dry to the wet 1/3 at a time until well mixed. Be careful not to over mix.
3. Mix sugar and lemon juice together until it forms a nice glaze and set aside until ready.
4. Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes. Glaze with icing after letting muffins cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!