I don’t know why I haven’t blogged about this yet, but this is my chocolate chip banana bread recipe! There’s no way to say this without sounding cocky, but if I’m famous for anything, it’s this recipe. My friend Maggie brought to my attention that I had yet to post it on this blog, so here it is! For those of you who are like me, meaning you will eat any combination of banana and chocolate, this is right up your alley. It’s incredibly easy to make and very hard to go wrong while baking this, so enjoy!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease your bread pan and set aside.
2. Combine butter and sugars and mix well. Add eggs and vanilla. Slowly add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the bowl, mixing well. It should be pretty thick at this point. Add the banana and mix until batter is smooth. Add chocolate chips in last.
3. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Cover loosely with tinfoil. Bake for 30 minutes. Take off the tinfoil and bake for another 30-40 minutes, until middle is cooked.
I alternate every time I make banana bread on whether I like it cakey or gooey, so bake for closer to 40 for cakey or 30 for gooey! Can’t go wrong either way.