If you think the title of this recipe is bold and a bit cocky, you’re right. But it’s true. Thanks to my friend Katie for finding this recipe! In honor of our friend Sarah’s 22nd Birthday I have made the best brownies ever. After making them, I will never ever use a box recipe ever again. And shame on you if you make these and revert back to the box. Shame. They’re the perfect combo of cakey and gooey. YUM.
In expectation of eating a lot of these tonight during birthday celebrations, I went on a run this morning. It is an insanely beautiful fall day today and I was struck by a sudden desire. Remember the episode of Friends where Rachel and Phoebe go running together and Rachel discovers how Phoebe “runs”? I sooo wanted to run like Phoebe. Alas, I’m not as cool as Phoebe is nor did I want my neighbors calling the cops on the crazy girl running past their house. But anyways, I did my run (sans craziness) and am ready to eat.
Here’s the clip if you’ve somehow never seen it. (more shame on you)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13×9 inch pan with non stick spray and set aside.
2. Mix together flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate either in a pan over low simmer or in a microwave safe container ( I always do the microwave, way too impatient). When completely melted and mixed together put in large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well.
4. Pour batter into your pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30-35 min, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a little of the brownie attached. Cool in pan until room temperature. Cut and serve!