Brownie and peanut butter…um, YES PLEASE! I made these treats for my cousin and friends this weekend and I do believe they were a hit. They got the taste tester approval from my brother first, so I knew they were a winner.
This is my cousin Colleen, thoroughly enjoying a brownie cupcake.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven at 350. Mix together the flour, cocoa powder and salt and set aside. Mix together the sugars, butter and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Slowly add the dry ingredients until combined. Take a spatula and fold the chocolate chips in to the batter.
2. Line a cupcake pan with liners and fill with batter about 2/3 full. Bake for 25 min. Let cool completely before adding the filling.
3. Filling: Mix together the peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract and mix well. Slowly add the powdered sugar and milk at alternative intervals until fluffy.
4. Do not put the icing in before the cupcakes are completely cooled! I know, hardest part.
5. Now that you were patient and waited, you have two options. If you have a piping bag with a fitted round decorating tip, go right ahead and use it. Insert the tip into the cupcake all the way to the bottom and squeeze. Or, if you’re like me and use only what you have in your kitchen, use the bottom of a funnel to create the hole and put the icing in a large plastic bag. Cut the corner off the bag and voila! Homemade piping bag. Fill all the cupcakes and enjoy!