I know I’m early with the pumpkin, but I don’t care! It’s close enough, and every time I pass pumpkin in the grocery store it calls my name. Plus Dunkin Donuts is starting their pumpkin coffee and pumpkin donut duo so I’m right on track. So here it is!
- 1 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (melted) or you can use chopped up chocolate
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9 in baking pan or dish and set aside.
2. Melt butter and chocolate and mix well together, set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add the flour mixture and mix well.
3. Pour half the batter into a separate bowl and stir chocolate in. In the separate bowl mix in pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. In the baking pan pour half the chocolate batter in and spread, then half the pumpkin batter. Repeat until batter is spread all around in the pan. With a knife, swirl the batters to create a marble like effect.
5. Bake for 40-45 min and then let cool (that’s the hardest part I know). Cut into squares and enjoy!