Isn’t bite sized the best? So easy to eat and I agree with whatever female on her period declared that 10 mini muffins equaled one whole muffin. You know that’s how it started.
These muffins are great and ridiculously easy to make. I happen to have a soft spot for pumpkin and just couldn’t wait for fall to get here to officially begin my baking with pumpkin spree. I’ve got a few recipes lined up that go perfect with Starbucks seasonal fall latte’s and chilly weather.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients and set aside. In another bowl add together sugar and butter and mix. Add the egg and stir for a minute- it should look more like a caramel texture now. Add the egg yolk, vanilla, milk and pumpkin puree.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together, but be careful not to overmix.
4. Spoon into tins, about 2/3 full. Bake for 12 min. While the muffins are in the oven prepare the coating. Mix together sugar and cinnamon in one bowl and melt the butter in a second. When the muffins are done, dip the top side of the muffin into the butter and then the sugar mixture. Enjoy!