Zucchini, zucchini, zucchini! I love zucchini. And if you have parents like mine, you know the benefits of having a garden in your backyard chock full of zucchini. This summer squash is a great addition to baking, as well as every other food. My dad has an amaaazing stuffed zucchini recipe, we’re having it tonight 🙂
To give you an idea of how big these zucchini are that we grow, I’ve decided to make a bit of a fool of myself…
No one in my family would let me take a picture of them holding this zucchini next to their head…so I had to do it. It’s GINORMOUS, excuse the expression on my face, I don’t normally look that weird. (I don’t mom, stop laughing)
Anyhoooo…. Zucchini Chocolate Chip Walnut Muffins. This is one of my own recipes, so I hope you enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix together ingredients, starting with the wet ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing well.
3. Grate zucchini. Just cut off the end and it’s a piece of cake. You’ll need 1 cup. Add the zucchini to the mix, the water from the insides makes the mixture more liquid-like, don’t worry it’s supposed to happen. Add chocolate chips & walnuts if you like/aren’t allergic
4. Grease tins or line with holders and spoon batter in, I filled mine a little over 3/4.
5. Bake for 25 min