Now if that title didn’t catch your eye, this will:
and if that didn’t, I’m sorry. You should probably leave now, this is awkward.
This dessert is so sinfully delicious. Seriously, it should be outlawed. If you don’t like chocolate, stay away. It’s rich, it’s creamy and yes, you need a huge glass of milk with it.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder ( I used dark cocoa powder)
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- cookie dough frosting (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp milk (I used vanilla almond milk, but soy or regular would be fine)
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line cupcake tins with wrappers.
2. Mix wet ingredients and dry separate. Add dry to wet slowly, mixing together thoroughly.
3. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. I filled a few of mine 2/3 full but prefer to have them rise a bit more.
4. Bake for 8-9 min and let cool. My batch made about 11 cupcakes.
5. For frosting- this is the fun part. My frosting wasn’t exactly frosting. I made more of an actual cookie dough to put on top. It all depends on how you mix the ingredients. I also used skim milk (blame Kevin, he thinks any other kind is gross) so this also could have contributed to the thickness of mine. Add more or less butter & milk to get to your desired thickness. Creamy or chunky– you can’t go wrong.
6. Frost and eat!