Applesauce. How great is applesauce? I’ve met only a few people that don’t like the stuff and one was a very picky 5 year old boy, so he doesn’t even count. And combine them with muffins and you have one of my favorite baked goods. Muffins are just so darn good. I need to invest in a huge muffin tin, so I can make ginormous muffins. But until that day, here are some delicious muffins to keep you satisfied.
1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter ( I would advise 1/4, I ended up with too much)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Now with frosting you have to be careful. I still haven’t perfected the perfect icing. I ended up using a lot of powdered sugar, mostly because I think I used too much butter. So add the ingredients together bit by bit until you get a thicker consistency that will stay on your muffins!
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tins with wrappers or spray tins.
- 2. Mix sugar and butter until blended. Add eggs one at a time and applesauce.
- 3. Add dry ingredients slowly until completely mixed.
- 4. Fill tins evenly with batter
- 5. Bake for 25 min
- 6. For frosting: see earlier comment next to ingredients!
- And I highly recommend you invest in a mini cupcake/muffin tin….they’re bite sized!