Yup. Breakfast and Cake in the same sentence. Glorious, I know. Now I’m a huge fan of the healthy breakfast, but then again I actually can’t say no to the delicious goodness like we have here. I mean, blueberries are healthy right?
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (give or take) of greek yogurt. There’s just something about it that makes baking more delicious
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh blueberries– this is just a recommendation. use your judgement. like blueberries? throw in the 2 cups like I did. You won’t regret it
1. preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Mix together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
3. Fold in your blueberries. Aka, don’t turn on the mixer and turn them into mush, use a spatula and move the dough on your own to get the blueberries to be even.
4. Bake for 30 min. I had to go a little over this, but that’s because my oven is temperamental sometimes. So know your oven!
5. Let cool before cutting. I know, it might be hard but be patient! Something I learned from my mom. (But shhh don’t tell her, she’ll get a big head.)