So I have this thing with oreos. I love them. How could I not? I partially blame this on one of my college roommates, because she is obsessed with them and we usually had them in stock. So my mom was once again commenting on how I hadn’t baked in a while (it was like 2 weeks, maybe) and my brother helpfully went out and bought some chocolate chips to help get me motivated. Chocolate Chip meet Oreo, Oreo meet Chocolate Chip. YUM.
These bad boys were possibly the easiest cookies to make as well, huge bonus. I’d recommend doubling the ingredients for more cookies… I made one batch on Sunday night. It’s currently Tuesday and I think there’s one or two left. Granted, if you don’t have two enormous teenage brothers and a mom that’s a choco-holic like yourself hanging around, you can probably survive on just one batch.
Now just a warning: You will not be able to resist having one of these cookies when they come out of the oven. They are best when still warm with a huge glass of cold milk. What can I say? I’m old fashioned that way.
- 1 stick softened butter
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar ( I’m a bit generous when it comes to brown sugar, so I put in a tad more)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 11 broken pieces Oreo Cookies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine ingredients, wet first, dry second. (I like to pretend baking is an arm workout, so I mix everything by hand. No machines for me!)
3. With spoons or whatever you like to use, scoop onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack.